2021 AUDITION CALL!
Music & Lyrics by Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Book by Catherine Johnson
Mamma Mia! has been rescheduled to THIS FALL! – depending on the continued success of vaccine rollout, lifting of public health restrictions, etc. So it’s not final, but here’s the current plan:
*Beginning Sunday, September 5, 2021
Mondays through Thursdays, 6:30 pm
Sundays, 2:00 pm
Friday, November 5 through Sunday, November 21, 2021
NOT ALL ROLES ARE OPEN!
Those who were cast last year & are able to continue in the show this fall will be playing the same roles, but are encouraged to come to auditions to read with the new people.
We will be auditioning for the younger roles first.
The general audition for all ages will be held on July 11, 2021.
Auditions for Ages 16-35:
Sunday, June 6, 2:00 – in the Gubelman at the Theatre
We will comply with all then-current health restrictions & social distancing requirements.
- Sophie: Soprano, Mezzo-Soprano * age 20 * Donna’s daughter * About to be married to Sky * Wants to find out who her father is * Romantic * Impulsive * Naïve * Idealistic * Optimistic
- Sky: Tenor, Baritone * age 25-30 * Has given up a career in stocks & bonds to marry Sophie & live on the island * Serious * Internet savvy * Approachable * Confident * Has helped Donna remodel the Taverna
- Lisa: Mezzo-Soprano * age 20’s * Sophie’s friend * Returning to the island for the wedding
- Pepper: Tenor, Baritone * age 20’s-30’s * Bartender at the Taverna * Flirts with all the girls * Macho, sexy, & proud of it * Tries to speak Greek
- Eddie: Tenor, Baritone * age 20’s-40’s * Works at the Taverna * Tries to keep Pepper in tow
- Ensemble Singers & Dancers: Singers must be able to sing harmony. There is a lot of back-up singing in 2- or 3- part harmony.
Please come prepared to:
- Complete an Audition Form with information about your acting, singing & dancing experience, and any conflicts you may have with the rehearsal & performance schedule.
- Read from the script – Copies of the script are available for check-out in the outer Box Office lobby. Sections (“sides”) we may ask you to read at auditions are marked in the script for check-out.
- Sing - 16-32 (only!) measures of a song; bring your own accompaniment or sing a cappella. Or Sing “Mamma Mia!” (Excerpt from the vocal score is included with the script for check-out.)
- Learn & perform simple Dance steps. Wear appropriate shoes.
If you want to audition but are unable to attend, or for additional questions, please contact
Setting/Plot: It’s the year 2000 on a small, lush Mediterranean island with dazzling white buildings, narrow winding alleyways, & flowered courtyards. Donna has built and owns the “Summer Night City Taverna” which is a short walk from the harbor. Her daughter, Sophie, is getting married tomorrow to Sky. Sophie has found her mother’s diary from 1979 and learns there are 3 men who could be her father! She has invited all of them to her wedding – unbeknownst to Donna.