FAMILY THEATRE AUDITIONS
I Never Saw Another Butterfly
Family Theatre Casting Call - I Never Saw Another Butterfly
I Never Saw Another Butterfly, by Joseph Robinette with music by E.A. Alexander, based on the play by Celeste Raspanti, will be this year’s Family Theatre production. Rehearsals will run Sept. 29 - November 20 with performances November 21-24 2019.
This year’s Family Theatre Production will be veering from the mold of the past few years as we will be casting middle and high school youth as well as our usual K-6th graders and their parents. We also will need some adults who are ready to play more serious roles with some solo singing.
Children in K-6th grades are invited to audition Monday or Tuesday, September 9th and 10th, from 3-5 pm at SJCT in the Whittier. They do not need to prepare anything, just come ready to follow directions and have a good time.
Students in grades 7-12 are invited to audition on Thursday or Friday, September 12th and 13th, from 3-5pm at SJCT in the Whittier. Students who are interested in a part with a solo song should come prepared to sing 32 bars of a ballad. They should bring backing tracks with them; we’ll have a speaker they can connect to or they can bring their own.We will also ask those interested in the leads to do some cold readings.
Solo opportunities for teens and adults include:
• Teen girl and Teen Boy to sing “The Gift” and “Reprise: You Don’t Know”
• Adult Man, Teen Girl and Teen Boy to sing “Wedding Psalm”
• Adult Man, Adult Woman, Teen Boy to sing “Welcome Shabbat”
• Adult Woman to sing, “We’ll Stick Together”, “Do the Best With What You’ve Got” and “I Leave You These”
• Two Adult Men to sing “The Rules” and “Curfew”
• Adult or Teen Woman to sing “We’ll Stick Together” and “Do the Best With What You’ve Got”