If acting is your thing, we have many opportunities year-round for you to try and make it to the stage!
For our major productions (spring musical, winter and fall plays), auditions are typically held 12-16 weeks before opening night. We also hold auditions for our Family Theatre, summer musical camp and, periodically, for our On Book! Readers Theatre productions.
2020 Playwrights Festival Audition Information
About the Festival
2020 has brought a lot of changes and the SJCT Playwrights Festival is changing with it! The challenges of quarantine, social distancing, and maintaining a safe and healthy community have inspired us to re-think our format.
- Plays will be produced as readings, September 3-6, 2020.
- Audiences of up to 50 may be permitted to attend if San Juan County has moved to Phase 3 of re-opening, depending on guidelines from Public Health Officials.
- All readings will be recorded and posted online for public viewing.
- All roles are open. Plays have not been finalized and all interested actors are encouraged to audition.
- There are two sessions, you are welcome to attend either of them:
- Wednesday, July 1st, 6pm via Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87232778847
- Sunday, July 5th, 2pm via Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85792777666?pwd=bElFZDNuNWhYeURaaXpCck5QZU1Odz09
- To schedule an audition, please fill out this online audition form: https://forms.gle/Qn215TprjXbtySpZ8
Please come prepared to do a one-minute monologue from a play or book of your choice.
August 1 Rehearsal drafts due
Staged reading rehearsals begin
All readings to be performed at music stands with minimal staging
No more than 5 people in the rehearsal room
Two rehearsals allotted before the script is locked
Two rehearsals after the script is locked
Sept 1-2 Final rehearsals with full casts (all casts called!)
- Rehearsals 6-10pm
Sept 3-6 Filming of readings on Whittier Stage
- Actors called at 6:30pm
- Performances begin at 7:30pm Thurs-Sat, 2pm Sunday.
- If possible: audiences of up to 50
Sept 11 Films released online as ‘Second Weekend’ of performances