Current COVID-19 Policy
We continue to abide by all public health guidelines, changing based on the most current information available. These policies will be updated periodically, so please be sure to check back before you arrive at the Theatre. Here are the current guidelines for attending San Juan Community Theatre (SJCT) performances:
PROOF OF VACCINATION & MASKING REQUIRED FOR ATTENDANCE
SJCT requires proof of vaccination for entry to all performances. Individuals unable to provide proof of vaccination must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours of the performance start time. SJCT can assist with testing for those unable to provide proof of vaccination (see below). Additionally, masking is required inside the venue. Patrons and employees are required to wear masks.
To facilitate masking, food and beverages are not for sale and may not be brought into performance spaces. When there are exceptions to this policy, such as at our Holiday Festival, it will be noted in the event description.
A patron vaccinated against COVID-19 by a two-dose mRNA vaccine (such as Moderna and Pfizer), or a single dose vaccine (such as Johnson & Johnson), is considered “fully vaccinated” two weeks after the final dose of vaccine (the second dose for a two-dose regimen, or the single dose for a single-dose regimen). Documentation of vaccination status must be shown with valid I.D.* upon entry to the venue and available upon request at any time.
Accompanied by matching photo ID,* the following are acceptable as proof of full vaccination:
- Vaccination card (which includes name of person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided and date last dose administered) OR
- a photo of a vaccination card as a separate document OR
- a photo of the attendee’s vaccine card stored on a phone or electronic device OR
- documentation of vaccination from a healthcare provider electronic health record or state Immunization Information System record.
Self-reported vaccination records that are not verified by a health care provider cannot be accepted.
PATRONS UNABLE TO PROVIDE PROOF OF VACCINATION
Individuals who are unable to provide proof of vaccination must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours of the performance start time. Matching photo ID* is also required.
The following are acceptable as proof of a negative COVID-19 test result:
- Printed document (from the test provider or laboratory) OR
- An email or text message displayed on a phone or electronic device from the test provider or laboratory.
- The information provided should include name of person tested, type of test performed, and date of negative test result.
- OR rapid test results taken at SJCT immediately prior to the performance (see below). Rapid test results not provided by and taken at SJCT will not be accepted.
There will be no separate sections for vaccinated/unvaccinated patrons.
ASSISTANCE WITH TESTING
Patrons unable to provide proof of vaccination may reserve a COVID-19 rapid test to be taken on the night of performance at SJCT.
- Tests may be reserved when purchasing tickets at the box office. If purchasing tickets online, please call 360-378-3210 and leave a message asking for a test to be reserved. SJCT will confirm your reservation if tests are available.
- Please arrive to take your test at the box office 60 minutes before the performance is scheduled to begin.
- An SJCT employee will guide you through the testing process and you will be seated in a socially distanced location while your test is processing.
- Patrons who arrive with less than 30 minutes before performance time will be tested and seated at the convenience of the house manager, likely after the performance has started.
- SJCT cannot guarantee the availability of tests on performance nights, so please purchase your tickets and reserve your test in advance.
Masks will be required for all patrons, in all sections. Food or beverage is not permitted inside the performance spaces unless noted otherwise in the event description. Per public health guidance, children age 2 and under are not required to wear a mask.
*In addition to providing proof of vaccination or a negative test, guests 18 or older must present a government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license or passport. Guests younger than 18 may present a government-issued photo ID or a school photo ID as an alternative. Guests younger than 18 who do not have either a government-issued ID or school photo ID can only attend performances in the company of an adult who provides the required ID and vaccine documentation for themselves and can also provide documentation for the minor's test results or vaccination verification.